Monday, September 23, 2013

Praying For You


As I sat down to write my blog post this morning, I quickly checked the stats page and saw that the number of readers is steadily climbing; more than 800 in the past month.  I am humbled and blessed that there are people out there who are interested in hearing from my heart each week.  I’ve often wondered if the time it takes to write this post is well spent or wasted; “if a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it…”  sort of thing.   So thank you for the time you are taking right now to read this post.   

Also, as I looked at that number on the stats page, I realized that every number represents a person; a real person with real dreams, struggles, hurts, fears, victories, etc. etc. etc.  As I thought about you this morning, I found myself wishing that we could get to know each other better.  I like people a lot better than numbers.  However, I realize that the power of social media is in getting the word out to as many people as possible and the opportunity to get to know each one personally is just not feasible.  But this thing I can do.  Believing that God does in fact know each and every one of you personally and intimately, I can pray for you; calling on Him to bless you as He deems necessary.  So today, I did just that.  I prayed for each and every one of you who read this post.  I do not know your individual need but I do know the one true God who is intimately aware of all that you are facing today.  May God bless you.  I mean that.

“For this reason we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.  And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.  For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.”      Colossians 1:9-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOW TO COMMENT...

If you are not signed-in to Goggle+ or as another registered user, you must select "Anonymous" from the drop-down menu.

If you are using an Apple product to comment, you may experience some difficulty in commenting. We suggest that you comment as a registered user (such as Goggle+, OpenID, etc.) or comment using a windows-based device.